Blackjack: the most popular casino game at Fun88
Why is Blackjack so popular at Fun88?
There is no doubt, Blackjack is one of the most popular games in land-based and online casinos like Fun88, everyone loves it!
Even tough, we could bet that you know very little about it, so while you enjoy it in this quarantine, we leave you with 10 facts about 21 that will surprise you.
- 1. It is not known exactly where this game originated, but some historians believe it was born in the 16th century in France, where it was known as Vingt et un (twenty-one in French).
- 2. The first record of 21 is found in Rinconete y Cortadillo, written by Miguel de Cervantes that was published in 1613.
- 3. The 21-game began to be known as Blackjack until the 1920s. It is assumed that the name came about because one of the biggest prizes in U.S. casinos was awarded when the hand contained an AS of spades and a Black-Jack (also known as Jack), that is, a Black Jack.
- 4. Nowadays most casinos consider 21 and Blackjack as the same game (some even call it 21 Blackjack). However, in the past they were so different!
- 5. According to various information sources, 21 was one of Napoleon Bonaparte's favorite games. This is not entirely surprising, since "His Imperial Majesty" was already known as a lover of gambling and betting.
- 6. The hand that totals 16 points is considered the worst in the game. The funny thing is that, out of fear, many people tend to stand up when they have this score. Our advice is to split it or take the risk and ask for another card.
- 7. The card shoe, which is the small box in which the decks of cards used to play Blackjack are placed, began to be used with the intention of avoiding card counting. Up to eight decks of cards can be placed in it.
- 8. The truth is that the dealer does have a little more advantage in the game. Why? Since you are always going to ask for your cards first. If you go over, you automatically lose and he doesn't even have to draw any more, he just keeps the bet. You must be smart enough to prevent this from happening.
- 9. Some casinos offer you the possibility of betting in favor of the dealer. Seriously! While playing you could also bet that the house will draw Blackjack on their next move. This doesn't mean that if you lose on purpose you will win, in fact you should play, bet and take risks as usual.
- 10. The odds of going over 21 by calling another card are greater than 50% since you have 14 points, but if you don't call again, you are much more likely to be beaten by the dealer.
Reasons for the increasing popularity of Fun88 blackjack during pandemic
Visit any online casino like Fun88 or in a land-based casino, and you will see players battling it out at a twenty-one table. It means that Blackjack has become so popular that it's impossible not to find it in any online or offline casino. Here are some reasons why Blackjack is so popular at Fun88:
- Simple to play: Simplicity is a well-known trait of this card game. Compared to other table games like baccarat and poker, Fun88 blackjack is incredibly simple to master and play, thanks to the minimal rules. In fact, blackjack players don't need to attend any class to play and win.
- Just know when to stand, hit, split and take insurance. Even better, there are hundreds of online blackjack strategies and rules to help you get started in a minute.
- Blackjack promotions and tournaments: Almost all regulated mobile casinos like Fun88 offer new players welcome bonuses. With these promotions, players can improve their skills in addition to increasing their bankroll. But as you continue to play, you may be invited to a blackjack tournament.
- Most of the time they are held throughout the weekend or are one-day events. During blackjack tournaments, you can beat other players by accumulating more points and claiming the prize. What's better, the dealer (i.e., the casino) does not play during casino tournaments.
- The three-to-two payout: Are you lost somewhere? You shouldn't be! The 3: 2 payout means that players can win $3 for every $2 bet, which gives you odds of 1: 5: 1. But be careful not to play at tables with 6: 5 payouts because you will have to deal with a higher house edge.
- For example, in the 3: 2 variants, players using the right strategy can face a house edge as low as 0.5% compared to 2% in the 6: 5 variant. Now, this means that the house only takes an average of $0.5 for every $100 wagered. Therefore, avoid 6:5 pay tables at all costs.
- Players make decisions: When you play other casino games like video slots and roulette, you are simply a spectator after placing a bet. Fortunately, blackjack offers players a hands-on approach. Once the cards are dealt, players create the next moves.
- Whether you stand, hit, double down, or split, the decision is yours. Therefore, blackjack is considered one of the most action-packed and engaging games of all time. Simply put, you are in the center of the action of the game.
- The game is exciting and entertaining: Fun88 Blackjack is one of those adrenaline-pumping games because of its fast pace. For example, a player may have a 16 and the dealer shows an ace (a 10 card). In that case, you must hit without predicting the eventuality.
- Now you know why the popularity of blackjack isn't going to wane any time soon. This game of skill is easy to learn, fun to play and offers some of the most lucrative odds you can find in the gambling world. So, forget about that shiny video slot for a while and give this table game a try. You won't regret it!
How to play online Blackjack at Fun88
Online Blackjack at Fun88 does not differ much from its traditional version. The difference is that you can play from anywhere thanks to online casinos, which open their doors on your computer as well as on your smartphone.
The important thing is to familiarize yourself with a digital croupier and to translate the usual actions in this game to the available commands at Fun88.
The first thing you must do is choose a chip to determine how much you're in. Every time you click on one of them your bet is increased by one more chip.
They have different values and colors, and they are all available on the right side of the Fun88 virtual game table. Then it's time to choose your place at the table: for this you will see available the different sections in the form of a card where you can read "Click to bet".
You can click on just one circle or on more, depending on whether you want to play some hands. To reduce your bet, if you think you have bet more than you want, hit the Shift button on your keyboard while clicking on the bet at Fun88 page.
If you need to clear the table and start over, click on the Clear bet button and all bets will be removed. Your betting limits will be marked in a table (both maximum and minimum).
With the Deal command you start dealing the cards, two cards will be dealt to the player and two to the dealer (which you will often find referred to as "dealer").
The cards are dealt one at a time to each hand in turn, the first being the player's hand and the last the dealer's (who, remember, plays for the house). The last one goes face down.
What happens next? Well, if you are playing with more than one hand, you will have to make decisions independently, considering the interest or needs of each one.
You start from the right. If the dealer's hole card is an ace, you will be offered the possibility to insure. Click on the Insure button to carry it out.
With the buttons Hit (another card), Stand (stand, i.e. don't hit another card), Double (your bet) or Split (deal cards) you develop this Fun88 game.
One thing to keep in mind, whether you fold, double your bet or hit deal, you will have to bet again, so check to see if you have enough funds and deposit more money if necessary to continue playing at Fun88.
Once you are happy with your cards, the dealer turns over the face down card and if applicable, deals more cards. This way, your hand is compared with his and you can see who the winner is.
If you want to continue playing at Fun88 by activating a new round with New Bet, you can skip the process of determining the new bet with the Rebet button, which places an identical bet to the one you had in the previous round.
Then click on Deal and everything starts all over again. Also, in the lower area you will find the options for sound and other settings of Fun88 Blackjack.
Fun88 is one of the best casinos online in Asia since it offers many bonuses, promotions and benefits.
In addition, you can downloadfun88 app no matter which device you have. Moreover, you can play dozens of casino games you will love at fun88 app.
Visit Fun88 and start playing the best casino games ever seen!
Recommended articles about Fun88:
15% Cashback Bonus, up to INR 8,000 every week
Get 10% Daily Virtual Cricket Reload Bonus